Our Guest house is close to the bicycle trail leading from Kielce in the direction of Nowa Słupia.
Nearby there is the longest hiking trail (length 105 km). It begins in Gołoszyce, ends in Kuźniaki. The trail is marked red.
Even situated on seven hills- Rome can not compete with the capital of Świętokrzyskie voivodship - Kielce are situated on twenty hills.
There is a possibility of a meeting with a PTTK guide and organize excursions (surcharge).
Stud farm in Brzezinki (on site). Stud available for our guests.
Education Center "Szklany dom" in Ciekoty (1.5 km)
Center was established at the foot of Radostowa mountain - the place where Stefan Żeromski (remarkable Polish writer) spent his childhood . The complex has a stylish reconstruction of the Polish court, in which objects are are exhibited to commemorate the life and work of the writer and the "Glass House" whose spacious, modern rooms are used for presentations of contemporary art. In the Center there was built an amphitheater, in which the regional events are held.
Barcza Reserve (16 km)
One of the most charming places of pure nature, among others, through a water-filled pit surrounded by steep rock walls and trees. Barcza geological reserve was created to protect the unveiling of the Lower Devonian sedimentary rocks. The slopes of the ancient quarries are also thin layers of volcanic ash. They provide evidence that during the Devonian period (nearly 400 million years ago) in the Holy Cross Mountains occurred to volcanic eruptions.
Holy Cross (Łysa Góra) (29 km)
Sanctuary located on the Holy Cross is the oldest Polish sanctuary. According to legend, Boleslaw the Brave founded the Benedictine abbey in 1006. From the fourteenth century, called the Holy Cross, as it is stored relics of the tree of the cross on which Jesus Christ had to die. The Holy Cross Mountains and the Province took their names from the Abbey. At the top there is also a roof terrace with panoramic view of the rocky debris - called boulder field.
St. Catherine (10 km)
Łysica (10 km)
Palace of Cracow Bishops (16,5 km)
The baroque palace in Kielce, was the residence of the bishops of Cracow. One of the symbols of the city. The building was built in the years 1637-1644 at the Cathedral Hill. In the 1816. Stanislaw Staszic created in the palace a School. The palace served also as a legion staff of Jozef Pilsudski also as the recruiting office, printing-house, mail, pass office and the regional office. Since 1971 it houses the National Museum. The importance of this monument provides qualify its as the highest class - a group of "0" in the classification of monuments. At the back of the palace there is an Italian Garden.
Castle in Chęciny (33 km)
The royal castle built at the end of the thirteenth century. During the reign of Ladislaus the Short in the castle knights reunions were held and important state decisions were made. After the death of Short, Casimir the Great extended the castle, making it a great fortress and administrative center. Throughout its history the castle was also the county seat, treasury, heavy state prison and royal residence of widows.
From the tower you can admire the magnificent views of the Holy Cross Mountains.
In the late 1960s great battle scenes for the movie "Pan Wolodyjowski" where filmed here.
Paradise Cave (27 km)
Paradise Cave - one of the most beautiful karst caves in our country. It is admired because of the richness and variety of calcite stalagmite formations. There are clusters of stalactites about a unique global density. The cave was considered as inanimate nature reserve. The cave can be visited only with a guide.
Open-air Museum (38 km)
Ethnographic Park in Tokarnia near Checiny. The purpose of the museum is to preserve historic buildings and rural small-town Kielce and presenting them in an environment similar to the original and natural parts of the village.
The museum is one of the most visited tourist attractions of the Swietokrzyskie Province.
Kadzielnia (16,5 km)
Wildlife Reserve in Kielce. Kadzielnia was built of limestone and has a height of 295 m above sea level. Currently excavation are filled with groundwater wchich formed Emerald lake. Kadzielnia is also the largest concentration of caves in the region. One of the caves was made available to the public.
There is also the most picturesque amphitheater in Poland.
Wietrznia (16,5 km)
Nature reserve Wietrznia name Zbigniew Rubinowski - inanimate nature reserve on a former quarry Wietrznia in Kielce. Includes hills of Wietrznia (312 m) and the neighboring Międzygórze. They are composed of dolomitic limestone rocks belonging to the Upper Devonian.
Karczówka (16,5 km)
One of the hills of the Holy Cross Mountains situated in Kielce. It is covered with old pine trees. In the past, this area was used for mining. Limestone and lead ore were mined here. At the top of the hill, there is a viewpoint on the Kielce and the Holy Cross Mountains.
At the top of the mountain there is a monastery. It is being taken care by the Pallotins priests.
Bartek Oak in Zagnańsk (24 km)
It is the largest and oldest known tree in Poland. The age of this tree is evaluated according to the latest research for 645-670 years. From 1952 the oak is considered as a natural monument. In 1934, a jury chaired by Professor Władysław Szafer found Bartek's "most magnificent tree in Poland."
Currently the oak measures 30 meters high, trunk circumference at a height of 1.3 m amounts 9.85 meters and the diameter of the crown is approximately 40 meters.
Museum in Nowa Słupia (29 km)
Museum of Ancient Metallurgy name Mieczysław Radwan.
Bodzentyn Castle (15 km)
Built in the second half of the fourteenth century on the initiative of the Bishop of Cracow Florian of Mokrsk. This is confirmed by Jan Dlugosz chronicle and document from 1420 mentioning a carpenter, who rebuilt the castle tower. Over the next centuries, the castle was rebuilt several times and served as the residence of the Bishops of Krakow till the second half of the eighteenth century. After taking over the building in 1797 by the Austrian authorities, the castle was converted into a granary and a military hospital. Abandoned in 1815, began to fall into disrepair.
Krzyżtopór (62,5 km)
Palace (erroneously called a castle) situated in the village Ujazd in the Świetokrzyskie province. Built in the seventeenth century, was never completed. Full of magic and mystery ruins, lost among the fields and hills, away from main roads and trails - is a monument of an international class.
Currently Krzyżtopór is being renovated.
Opatów (58,5 km)
Opatów is one of the oldest settlements near Sandomierz. One of its main attractions are the underground from the thirteenth century.
Kurozwęki (58,5 km)
Museum of Henryk Sienkiewicz in Oblęgorek (30 km)
In 1900, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his literary work for the future Nobel Prize winner, Polish society organized a collection for the purchase of property in Oblęgork and funded him in gratitude for his work. The Museum organizes numerous concerts, temporary exhibitions, scientific sessions and open-air painting in order to spread knowledge about the life and works of Sienkiewicz.